WSMSP CODE OF CONDUCT
WSMSP supports and adheres to the SPN Code of Conduct for Members.
Slo-Pitch National is committed to providing an environment in which all Members are treated fairly and with respect.
Players, coaches and fans of teams who are a member of Slo-Pitch National shall be considered members of Slo-Pitch National and agree through the terms of membership to abide by the Code of Conduct for said Members outlined below.
No team member, tournament participant, umpire or fan shall:
• Demonstrate behavior contrary to this Code both on and off the field.
• Cause any form of personal abuse, including verbal, physical and emotional abuse, towards other athletes, officials, host personnel, spectators and others.
• Refuse to abide by an official’s decision, threaten an official, or at any time lay a hand upon, push, shove, strike, or make incidental physical contact with the body or kick dirt or other matter on the official or attempt to cause physical contact when disputing a decision. This includes causing or attempting to cause physical contact with another participant at the tournament.
• Make any disparaging remarks or actions towards other athletes, officials, tournament personnel, Slo-Pitch National, spectators and others.
• Neither reacts in a violent manner to any incident nor use any form of profane, vulgar, obscene or abusive language or gestures, whether it is directed at an official, opponent, playing colleague, team official, tournament official, Slo-Pitch National personnel or spectator. Neither will they tolerate profane, vulgar, obscene or abusive language or gestures from any supporters and other members of their team.
• Use intimidating or threatening behavior towards officials, opponents, playing colleagues, team officials, tournament personnel, Slo-Pitch National personnel, or spectators nor will they permit any others to openly or maliciously criticize, badger, harass, or threaten an official, opponent, playing colleague, tournament personnel, Slo-Pitch National personnel or spectator.
• Make objectionable demonstrations by throwing bats, gloves or other equipment in a forceful manner.
• Discuss publicly with participants and spectators in a derogatory or abusive manner any decision by the officials or any opinions of players.
• Cause the destruction of property belonging to others.
• Use any intoxicating substances during the course of the game, or appear to be in an intoxicated condition while participating in a game.
• Harass, heckle, insult, jeer, or use verbal tactics to embarrass or insult a SloPitch National representative, employee or other participant at the site before, during or after a game.
• Make derogatory, disdainful, disparaging comments or remarks regarding any person or program connected to Slo-Pitch National on any public forum, message board or bulletin board.
• Use any improper and unapproved equipment.
• Give false or misleading information or fail to cooperate with a legitimate request from a Slo-Pitch National official in the discharge of his/her official duties.
• When requested by the game official, will refuse to assist him/her in the enforcement of this Conduct of Members and the control of players making threats.
• Engage in a continuous verbal attack upon an official or other participant or spectator after they have been ejected from a game or make a verbal threat of physical violence upon an official.
Members who fail to adhere to the points of conduct outlined above may have penalties and or suspensions rendered against them published in the STG & OR section of the current year’s Slo-Pitch National rulebook.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.wsmsp.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
WSMSP.com are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
During league membership registration an applicant or user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address, gender, other contact information & any medical information that may be relevant for your health & safety). This information may used to contact you about the various functions and events involved with our site/ league.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our members to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Voting, Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information via voting, surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and address etc.), and demographic information (such as gender, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used only for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is transmitted to us in a secure way.
We also protect your information offline. Only league executive members and/or volunteers who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.